Reporting Health & Safety Issues

The Health, Safety & Employee Well-being office can be reached 24/7, and our email account is monitored daily during business hours (8:30AM to 4:30PM)


416-736-5491 or 416-736-2100 ext. 55491


Critical Injury

Critical injuries must be reported immediately to HSEWB following notification of EMS (911) and Security Services (416-736-5333 or ext. 33333). Access the Critical Injury definition.

Occupational Injury

Accidents, hazards or occupational illnesses or injuries must be reported to your Management Supervisor, who will then report it to HSEWB. Additional information including the Accident Investigation Program is available using yu link - the employee portal.

Non-Occupational Absence and Accommodation

A completed Medical Absence/Accommodation Certificate (MAAC) must be provided to the Employee Well-being Office to clarify abilities, restrictions, limitations and duration of absence. Policies, procedures, and forms pertaining to non-occupational absence, leave, and accommodation can be found on yu link - the employee portal.

Workplace Violence and Harassment

Report any incidents of workplace violence or harassment that you have experienced or witnessed to your Management Supervisor, who will then report it to HSEWB. York University’s Workplace Violence Prevention Program and other resources can be accessed on yu link - the employee portal.

Other Health & Safety Issues

For all other incident types, concerns or if you are not sure, please use our contact information to get in touch with our office.